DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Thank you...drive thru
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver side brake light burned out so I replaced it. Still won't work. Any ideas?

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
The whole circuit board that the bulb plugs into to are known to fail, around 22$ pair.

·
Thank you...drive thru
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check it out. Any way to tell other than just replace it?

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Can you plug the passenger side into the drivers side just to see? Plugs should be the same.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
The whole circuit board that the bulb plugs into to are known to fail, around 22$ pair.
Scott's right ... The CBs were a real problem with the 02, 03, and some of the 04's. I had to replace both CBs when the truck was still only a few years old.

:(

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
You could check voltage with multimeter I suppose.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Here's what I usually post ...
==========================

Rear Tail Light Lens Circuit Board

The bulb mounting board (or circuit board) is what cause the problem. The 02 and 03 trucks are notorious for them going bad. When you pull the rear tail-light lens, the board is mounted to the back of the lens. With the board in hand, you need to remove the bulbs and look at the contacts under the bulbs; that's where the thing melts. When it melts, the melted plastic interferes with the system ability to check the bulbs and bingo, an error light at the dash.

:)

·
Thank you...drive thru
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input guys. The light actually works when I flip the switch but still doesn't work when I step on the brakes. I think I'll just swap the cb for a new one and see what happens.

·
Thank you...drive thru
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I replaced the cb with a new one and still have the problem, light turns on with the switch but doesn't light up when the brakes are applied. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
912 Posts
id say follow the wires to your brake lights, sounds like its shorting out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.