DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All right, I need some help. I am going to raise my truck up but I do not know exactly how much. I have a couple of things in mind but am not for sure what to do. I am a big guy and don't want it to be a task to get in the cab but I am tired of my 4-6 drop. The truck is a 2003 reg cab 2wd.

I have decided that I am getting some black 17" rims. Probably either the Moto 951 or Ultra has a wheel that looks about the same. I know I need a 0 offset and 4.5" backspace.

The first choice is a 3" coil in the front and maybe a 1" block in the rear and new shocks of course. I would be running a 33x12.5x17 tire for this setup.

The second choice is to just go ahead and do a 6" lift with all the goodies and new shocks of course. I would be running a 35X12.5X17 tire for this setup.

I know 3" here and 6" here stuff sounds easy but I need to know some measurements off people that have this setup of their trucks. Could I get maybe a "to the bottom of door" or some other good measurement to go by on these lifts to see what is going to fit my needs better instead of what just looks cool. Thanks for the help.

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
can i ask why you are tired of the 4/6 drop

·
Teenage Road Hazard
1,456 Posts
you could always go with a body lift. i can get you meassurements from a 3" body lift when i finish mine this weekend

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Are you asking price wise what will you be looking for? Sorry if this seems like a stupid questions but I have never heard the phrase "to the bottom of door". Ive heard of "out the door"... or you talking about how high off the ground is X lift "to the bottom of door"?

I have a 2wd with 3" body lift, 2.5" coils SPACERS (which i want to change to 3" coils for ride quality and more rubbing clearance) and 35's... I will talk more in detal probably tonight after i figure out what your after...

-David

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I am wanting a measurement to the bottom of door. I want to make sure the lift is comfortable to get in and out of before I purchase it. I am trying to gather numbers to the bottom of the door on the different lift options and so when I get my oil changed soon and can just have them stop the lift at the measurements to the bottom of the door. This will give me a quick idea of the height of getting in the cab.

I know it sounds silly but I only want to buy the lift and tires once and not change it. I want a 6" lift/35's if it is comfortable for me if not I will settle for 3"/33's. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
how big are you bro? i'll take some pics of my truck tomorrow. i am 6'8" and just used spacers on the front of the truck and it lifted it 2 inches after it settled. i have no problem stepping in and out of my cab, but if i were to go bigger i know i'd possibly do some steps for smaller people who enter the truck! currently at the door it is 16". but thats with a 30" wheel n tire combo. so if you go 3 inch coils (+1 over mine) and 33" tires (+3 over mine) you are looking at about 20 inches or so at the door. if you do the 3 inch coils you shouldnt need to adjust the rear any higher bc it should sit level as long as you put it back to stock.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
I did some quick measurements in the cold, basically threw my measuring tape on the ground, stepped on it, leveled my notepad from the step to the measuring tape the best I could and wrote down the number...

2005 QC
325.60.20 tires (35.4in)
3" body lift
2.5" coil spacer lift
2wd suspension

I measured the rear passanger first and it was about 28-28.5" from ground to black plastic step in the cab. Then I measured to the black plastic step for the driver and it was closer to 27-27.5". Im no archetect or contractor or construction worker or even a handy man... sheet im an accountant lol but thats what I got.

If you need any more measurements let me know.

-David

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'm 6'0 and kinda big around. i have my truck at stock level with lowering shackles in the back. i get in real easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.