DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally been able to lift my head from the grindstone long enough to reap some rewards for the hard work this year.

I came across an ad for a '65 Chrysler 300L Convertible with only 27k orig. miles. The ad says it looks good and only needs minor cosmetics w/ clean body (I haven't seen the car yet), but they're asking $5k.

This sound like a right $ number?

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
that sounds like a really good price , what are you waiting for get going !

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
$5000 for a low mileage rag top? Better get on it. Maybe you should tell me where it is and i'll go check it out for you. :D

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
5 grand for a Chrylser "letter" car and convertible at that. Go get her!!!!

I think that was either 383 or 413 powered.

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked it up and I think I read that it was the last year of the 414. I'm having to wait until the end of the month (payday). I hope it's still available by then :)

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Call him, see if he will consider holding out till he hears your offer. Or call him tell him i want to buy it but cant till payday. And go from there. Worth a try.

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
Not trying to bust a bubble, but before you buy, check around to see how hard it might be to find parts.. You might get a good deal for the car but then spend 10k on hard to find parts. Just the same you may find tons of stuff which would be great. Hopefully it would work out and you'll enjoy top down cruising in the big ole C-Body!! :rck:

Shane

Try moparts.com they have a c-body forum for cars and parts. :IDEA:

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the good advice Sam & Shane! I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
A 27K car shouldn't need too much.

That was the last real letter car and had a 413 engine.

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've left two messages with them so far. Just got a call back.. it's been sold :bawl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.