DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im wanting to paint my front bumper to match the rest of the truck and called a shop today and asked about it and they said it would be a little more if i wanted it sanded down, so my question is does the front bumper still look good just painted without being smoothed out? or should i have them sand it down first... thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
So its textured.......gotcha. I would have it sanded down. They will need to sand it to get the paint to stick anyway - might as well have 'em smooth it out.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So its textured.......gotcha. I would have it sanded down. They will need to sand it to get the paint to stick anyway - might as well have 'em smooth it out.
yea ill prolly do that then, thanks alot man

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
just to make sure I am thinking right.......is it the top bumper pad, or the actual bumper? I didn't think they made textured bumpers........who knows though?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I think its pretty cheseey for a shop to want to paint without sanding anyway, go somewhere else and ask. imo

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I think its pretty cheseey for a shop to want to paint without sanding anyway, go somewhere else and ask. imo
yeah I'd question a shop willing to spray it like that it would just peel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.