DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got the the stock 20 flower petal rims on my truck. I'm in the market for new tires (nitto grapplers) anyways my question was I can get steelie 17 inchers and throw them on for the winter right? Once spring rolls around I can throw my 20's back on and put more of a street tire on? For some reason the guy at the shop I was at said that wouldnt be a good idea. I trust you guys more than him haha thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
67 Posts
a 285/70/70 is the same size as the stock 20, 33 inches. A 265/70/17 is 31.5 inches tall.
I run my 20's during the summer and 17" steelies during the winter, no problems here, have done it for my last truck as well.
I suspect the tire guy just wants you to spend some extra $$$ on the 20" tires and the mounting charge as well.
Try looking someplace else.

kevin

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
so you want to put nitto terra grapplers on some 17" steelies and run them in the winter. Then put your 20's back on in the spring.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, just get tires that are very close to your stock size so it doesn't affect your speedo and anti-lock brakes. 285/70/17 is close to 33" I believe.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
What they said. Also ask him to explain why it wouldnt be a good idea.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts