DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't driven my truck in about 2 weeks. well I was out of town today and was driving my wife's magnum. My wife went to go somewhere and the truck would not start. Well I just got home and jumped the truck let it sit for 10 mins and then took it into town to drop off a movie and then came back.

I tried using the key fob to lock the doors and nothing happened to lights, horn or door locking. I looked inside the truck and noticed the security light on the dash is blinking really fast and the truck will not start again.

I have owned the truck for two years and I don't know how long the battery was in the truck before I got it. It is a motorcraft battery. I suspect the battery is bad just trying to get someone else opinion on it.

Thanks

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Sounds like a bad or dead cell in the battery, get a new one and you're good to go for the next 5 years or so.

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
that happend on my moms pacifica it was funny i replaced a headlight bulb and then i went to aim it when i was all done i went to start it click click cllick crap lol

·
Takin' Care of Old Red
881 Posts
Sounds like your battery to me. Just to be 100% sure, take her down to autozone and have it tested there before you drop good money on a battery. The testers are accurate and I have never seen an issue with them. (I work there and have tested TONS, lol)

Also, how do your battery cables look?

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Yup! Bad battery. Out here in Arizona. 2 weeks and your battery is toast. Had this problem with my parents who didn't drive for a bit.

These trucks act soooooo funny with a low battery it's not even funny! Get a new one and it will be all good. If you're not going to use it, I suggest getting a battery tender.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Invest in a battery tender! You can add a lot of life to your battery just by putting it on a tender for a few hours every now and then, and decrease the likelihood of ever coming out to find a truck that doesn't start!;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
some places like autozone and pep boys near me will test it for free to see if it's any good, might be worth making the stop and knowing for sure if that is your problem.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
That's definitely a bad battery... had that happen to me a few weeks ago. Battery could barely hold 61% charge. I'd get a new battery... (I don't recommend Diehard from experience)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.