DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Oh Sh** the COPS!
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't really sure on which forum to go into with this one...

I have an 06 Ram QC 4.7 4x2
Want---Bigger tires + height

Don't know if i should go as far as a 6" suspension which i saw for around $1400 for parts alone. I don't know what the difference is with the body lift as far as smoothness and overall end appearance would be with new rims and tires compared to with a suspension lift. Currently stock... Need help and opinions.

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
i think your first step would be to decide what size tire you want to run. Theres plenty of 2wd guys around here with 35" tires on 6 and 7" kits and they look very good

· Don't fear the sheepdog
6,692 Posts
Well as far as ride goes, a body lift will give you the exact same ride you've got now, because it doesn't effect your stock suspension at all. Most suspension lifts will ride a little rougher, but you can get some that ride better than stock, if you want to spend the extra money. Fabtech makes a great kit, if you decide to go the suspension lift route. Don't forget to post some pics.

· Oh Sh** the COPS!
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where would i even look at body lift options? Is this something that i could do my self. I Don't know what tire size i want since i don't know what would fit with what size lift.

6,692 Posts
Body lifts, can be found at Summit Racing Equipment, truck add ons, Stylin Concepts, or most any other aftermarket parts store.

About tire size. If it was me, I would stick with around a 33"-34" tire. A 305/70/17 would be 33.8", and is pretty easy to find. If you go too big, you'll be dragging @$$ trying to get those things moving. Much more than a 34" tire, and I'd change gears too. That's just me though, I know plenty of guys here on DT going with 35's and bigger.

6,692 Posts
Oops, I missed question. Yes if you are mechanically inclined, you can do it yourself. It's time consuming, but a pretty straight forward process.

· Oh Sh** the COPS!
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I RARELY do towing. I'm in the Marines so its only when i do a move or drive home to Texas. I think a 35" tire would be the highest i would go. I saw a 3" body lift for $310 so i'll probably do that. Just need to find the right deal now.

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
you can do a body lift and a leveling kit and probably fit a 35. Since you have a 4.7, i definitely wouldnt go bigger than 35, and if you do go 35, your towing abilities will be very limited.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.