DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on the day my inspection expired and i checked the codes, its the oxygen sensors on the left side (1/1, 1/2). I want to take them off and clean them like I saw in another thread because it seems weird to me that they both went out, but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know where they are located and not too sure what they look like :ugh.. so take it easy on me guys thanks..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i pulled the code p0031 h02s heater circuit low bank 1 sensor 1 by turning the key back and forth.. does that mean its only the oxygen sensor before the cat? I'm confused now because its all I got, I originally thought it was bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 because I took it to vatozone and was given the codes that said the 2 oxygen sensors were faulty..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok based off the code p0031 I bought a new oxygen sensor and unplugged the battery for a good 10 mins.. then I drove not even halfway around the block and the check engine light came back on!! I did the turn key trick when I got home and the same error code popped up.. pls help I need to get my truck inspected, what do I do now?

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Did you replace the O2 sensor or not ??? For as easy as they are to clean---especially on a Texas vehicle, I'd just take them all out & clean them. I have done this before & it has worked both times on 2 of my previous trucks. Clean with a very fine abrasive paper till it is nice & shiny, put some anti-sieze on the threads & re-install. I did buy an O2 socket though. It helps to remove them without damage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I replaced the upstream oxygen sensor and Im still getting the p0031 error code.. I had the guy at autozone check it and they are getting p0031 and p0037. Sry for all the questions I just honestly dont know what I am doing when it comes to sensors and such.. could it be a relay or a fuse?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.