DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting my act together on my swap to the 440. It came from a 75' Ramcharger, and had a mechanical fuel pump attached. Do I need to continue using it or can I use a block off plate? What happens if I use the block off plate - I mean I know the fuel line will run right to the carb, but am I goofing up by changing things? I will be replacing the intake and carb as well. Of course it will be going into my 67' Coronet.... Thoughts?

·
Banned
242 Posts
sure, just block it off with a metal plate and gasket. you can probably even buy a pretty chrome one. Now how to you plan on getting fuel to the carb w/o the fuel pump?

·
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I did the 4bbl swap on the 318 I don't remember seeing a fuel pump on the motor, but I will look again.... I was thinking without looking that it was either in the fuel tank maybe.

·
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if I look and find it on the motor, I'll just put a new one on the 440. I just can't remember seeing one on the 318 for some reason. My workday sometimes doesn't allow me time to even go down in the garage to tinker so I'll have to look tomorrow. I do appreciate the help though, it keeps me honest:D

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
The mechanical fuel pump is below the alternator on your 318 and 440.

·
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all, I looked today and what do you know.. there it was hiding in plain sight... I will just replace the one on the 440... KISS kind of approach...

·
Banned
242 Posts
strange that a guy that swapped motors didn't have a clue if it had a fuel pump????

just wondering if you are going to use the same transmission, that is in the car, with that 440??

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
strange that a guy that swapped motors didn't have a clue if it had a fuel pump????

just wondering if you are going to use the same transmission, that is in the car, with that 440??
Listen, We are here to help each other....Useless sarcasum we can deal without.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
You know as well as I do that the 318 trans won't work on a 440.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
IDK about that, I had a 440 4speed trans behind my 340.
Nice try....All im asking is to be a little more respectable. I know you have tons of knowlage about Chrysler corp cars, But not everyone is as knowlagable as you are thats why they are here for help. If someone asks a question and it strikes you as a stupid question don't reply. Thanks

·
Banned
242 Posts
huh? I'm asking if he plans on using the same trans, if it's a manual, it may not hold up to the 440. like I said, I had a 440 4speed behind my 340 with a lakewood scattershield.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You didn't use the 440 bellhousing LOL

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
After you put on a small block bell housing on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.