DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought her ram 2 and a half months ago. Dealer inspected it, it passed and I didn’t think twice. I took it to get undercoated for her last weekend and they called me when they had it on the lift and said they weren’t taking my money. They said the frame rot at lower strut tower, left front strut tower itself is rotted off, both rear rocker panels rotted, left rear shock upper support has rotted off,gas tank strap has rotted off, front bed rail rotted through, left rear frame rotted, and the power steering rack is leaking. I don’t know where to start or what to do.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Never trust a dealer ,they lie. Find an independent mechanic for your next purchase,it will be worth the hundred bucks to have an inspection done buy someone on your side . take a bunch of pics of all the corrosion,then revisit the dealer where bought and see if they will work with you. If not post all information including their name and address to share with the rest of the world. But if no warranty came with it you may be out of luck. Dealers lie.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If this was bought from a dealer, above poster has good options. That kinda damage doesn’t happen overnight so there may be some recourse. If from a BUY HERE PAY HERE lot… sorry man, good luck with that. Call it a life lesson, truck doesn’t sound like it’s worth repairing.

·
Registered
2002 dodge dakota sport 4x4 ext cab with 4.7 v8 engine
7 Posts
i agree with Andygears. there is no way they should have put an inspection sticker on vehicle in this shape. tell them you want a refund or you are turning them in to the dmv. they have sold you a useless vehicle. good luck and god bless

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here in Oregon "Buy Here, Pay Here" means you are gonna pay 25% interest on a POS that went out the auctions back door. If it has an Inspection sticker I would start at Motor vehicles then work my way up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts