DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 5.7 with a Slammed 1 level job on the rear only. (Slammed 1 shackles and removed overload spring)

I'm going to install the OEM hitch receiver, but what ball mount should I buy? DodgeParts.com lists 4 different mounts:

3" rise,2.25" drop
5.25" drop
1.75" rise, 1" drop
3.5" rise, 2.75 drop

Should I get the 4 wire to 7 wire conversion?

I'm going to be pulling a trailer hauling a track cycle. Maybe a boat later.

How will the Slammed drop handle the trailer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
The best way to determine what drop hitch you need is to put the trailer behind your truck with it level and measure the difference. I have two different hitchs, one for a car trailer and one for a tent trailer. I'll be buying more soon because I lowered my truck. Wiring also depends on the trailer that you are pulling. The car trailer I pull has a 7 pin connecter and the tent trailer has a 4 pin. Your truck should already have the 4 pin connector under the truck, you'll only need an adaptor if your trailer requires it.

Just to add something to think about. Depending on the weight of the trailers your pulling you may need air assist because you removed the overload spring. Last time I checked Brian (aka Slammed1) had them instock. I have to install one now before I can tow a car trailer again.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
"Need Some Advice on Adding a Hitch"

Slide it in the square hole. That's how I did it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BLACKWOLF said:
Slide it in the square hole. That's how I did it.
Thanks for the help there Slick :banghead:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm glad Black Wolf cleared that up for me. I couldn't figure out why I would get somewhere and my trailer would be missing. About the wiring, if you've still got your factory rear bumper, you've got the mounting already for a 6 or 7 pin connecter. Install one that also has the 4 pin with it. Wal Mart has them as does any RV dealer. That way you can connect just about any trailer and you won't have to reach under your truck to do it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big Mike said:
That way you can connect just about any trailer and you won't have to reach under your truck to do it.
Great idea Mike.

You too Andrew.

Thanks to both of you for the info.

Hey Black Wolf :rocket:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.