DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any pics of the throttle linkage area so I can see how its suppose to be routed and the alt and power steering pump brackets.?

·
Buck99
667 Posts
Do these help? This is a '78 360

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
I looooooove then "YELLER" wires Buck !!! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one upper bracket and the swing arm bracket for the alt..?

How is the lower part on the power steering or is it just the main bracket that goes on the water pump..

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
I posted pics of the steering pump and alternator somewhere, can't remember where though. If you don't find them I'll repost them.

·
Buck99
667 Posts
Parson4 said:
I looooooove then "YELLER" wires Buck !!! :D
And some of them don't work either. Traded an extended cab for this short box and it was running real rough. Changed some of them "YELLER" wires fur BLUUUUE ones and now it runs nice but looks like a psychodelic zebra.

·
Buck99
667 Posts
Here's another pic, but of a '76 400 with a holley carb on it

Attachments

·
Buck99
667 Posts
I see this one has zebra stripes too :thatfunny

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should the linkage from the tranny to the carb be set tight in a certain position or your should be able to slide back and forth?

·
Registered
570 Posts
It has been alittle while since I have worked on anything with power steering but I do know that there is another bracket on the bottom of the power steering pump that has two bolt holes. It looks like a triangle the best that I can remember and it either bolts to the timing chain cover or there is provisions on the block for it. When Spead Dragon post pictures you will be able to tell more about it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I need to see those pics.. I have the trianlge bracket your speaking of and I seen the impression from where it was mounted on the back of the power steering upper bracket but Im still kind of lost on its mounting.. Does SPeed have the pic of how the inside of the alt bracket goes?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thats the bracket that I was speaking of, if you know were it attaches to the pump than you should have it wooped.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
The trans linkage at the carb should slide. Here's the pics I got of the power steering installed on my truck.

Attachments

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Here is the best pic I have at the moment of the alt mounting.

Attachments

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
demon217 said:
The bracket on the back side of the alt how does it connect to the block area?
With a bolt ;)

There are actually 2 different alternator brackets. On mine, the lower bracket has the one bolt that you can see in the timing cover, the other leg bolts to the block, right below the head, at the outer corner. You can see the triangle pivot bracket, the long pivot bolt that runs through it comes out the back of the alternator, goes trough a spacer and screws into the block. I'll see if I can run out and grab a good pic or two in a sec.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.