DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so im gonna get my mothers old 1989 dakota but to get it i need to fix it up first and its had a multitude of problems first of all the amount of rust on the cab mounts is insane and very localized i cant beleve they are still on there the one on the drivers side has snapped of and the one on the passenger side is about to but that's not the problem is the part of the cab they they rest on is pretty much gone and i need a new after market one can someone tell me where to get it? and the other 2 problems are the gear indicator (p r n 2 1) is broke and i also need a new one as well and there is a strange problem that NO ONE has been able to figure out when it starts it revved up to EXACTLY 2200 rotations per minute i need to know why and i need to know how to fix it! so can anyone help? :bunny:

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,323 Posts
My 93 dak PRNL screw came loose, took me a little bit to get it aligned right. and the 2200 rpm maybe something the Throttlebody (Maybe your Carb??) or Warmup circuit, there should be an adjustment screw to lower it coming off the throttle linkage. Are you hearing any large Vacuum hissing?

·
Registered
89 Posts
My 94 revs at 2000 when first starting. My 92 Ram did the same thing. I was told by the Dealer that it is to burn unused fuel from the last shut off. who knows. Spray carb cleaner around intake or vacum lines. If it races there is your leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.