DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that the Mopar T/A hood is now available with the option of being functional. My questions are:

1) should I get it for my car?
2) If i get it, do i paint it body color, or flat black?
3) Should i go with hood pins while im there?

Thank you!

Car as Is

The hood in question:

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
Flat black with hood pins would look awesome!

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i almost did that myself but the $ went to performance

·
Registered
3 Posts
My hubby likes that hood too, but i have the classic R/T stripes down the side.. guess it would look good with the flat black scoop and body color on the rest of the hood. mine's HEMI Orange... haven't decided. spending the money on exhaust first

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, i decided against it. I drove a Mopar 10 Challenger with the scoop and i hated it.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
It is definitely a large scoop...maybe a shaker hood?

·
Registered
36 Posts
3 things. first, it looks like a real air scoop, is it? I know the ones on the stock hood are fake (last time I checked) so if you are going for functionality make sure it really works if not then thats fine as well.

2nd if you do change your mind again Id paint it the same color as your car.

3rd id cut out the vent stuff on the front of the intake. the venting doesnt do anything. You already have a filter on your car you dont need that extra grill.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The vents have three screws holding each one in. And the 11' challys have the openings in the for the ram air to work. Only thing I'm wondering is if it is like the Srt10 hood and not really a functional hood but instead actually a heat extractor hood. You can also drill out the grills to make it look good and still allow air in without cutting up the scoop.

·
jlpeterson85
212 Posts
I just found out that the Mopar T/A hood is now available with the option of being functional. My questions are:

1) should I get it for my car?
2) If i get it, do i paint it body color, or flat black?
3) Should i go with hood pins while im there?

Thank you!

Car as Is

The hood in question:

Here's a pic of my buddy's Challenger with the T/A hood custom painted....

Attachments

·
jlpeterson85
212 Posts
Ive seen that car on Club-COW.com
Yeah we are on that site too,he dealer set that car up with the intake, rims, paint job, hood, engine cover and lowering kit then put her on the lot. Ill have to post a couple views, it's set up pretty nice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts