DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions for a good all season tire.
I need 215 65R 16 and was wondering what others have chosen.
Thanks in advance,
CB

·
Registered
34 Posts
i got the goodyear regatta 2 on my van....nice tire....good tread wear and fairly inexpensive. $79 each from tirerack. they wear very nice too, I have about 45k on them and them look real good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am on the same boat. The Michelin I have are a piece of crap, sorry, but we have had so many problems. We need to change all 4 tires. Any other suggestions besides the Goodyear?

Thanks...

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
I don't care for Michelons AT ALL

BF Goodrich mades a Traction TA radial in that size

I've had good luck with Bridgestone tires, and I see they make a Turanza tire that would be a good one IMO

If I were buying Goodyear, I'd check out their TripleTread tire

Pirelli makes a P4 Four Season tire with good wear numbers

there's a few to consider

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks. According to Tire Rack, or the ratings from Tire Rack, the Bridgestone Turanza LS-T UNI-T AQII has amazing performance ratings.

How much can I trust these numbers?

·
Registered
737 Posts
The Bridgestone Turanza is the best tire I've ever driven. The Goodyear triple tread comes in a close second.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had great performance from my Goodyear Integrity OEM tires, 70K miles and they still plowed through bumper deep snow. I replaced them with the same.
Sears will price match here locally with Tire Rack and do a great job of installation. NEVER have Tire Rack install for you unless you want to wait half a day while you watch a manual floor jack and breaker bar operation.
After running Bridgstone/Firestone Duelers on my CR-V for 45K miles I would think long and hard before buying anything from them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is good to know FIP. Which Sears did you go to? I just checked the ratings for Goodyear Integrity in Tire Rack and they are not as good as the Turanzas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sears

Two Sears stores I have bought from or talked to (South Bend, IN and Grand Rapids, MI) both will price match on any tire they normally would carry, not on special orders. That covers a lot of brands and tires. South Bend brought in a set of Michelin X-Ice snow tires for me and matched the Tire Rack price (great tires by the way, not any noisier than the stock Bridgestone Dueler all seasons)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered the Bridgestone Turanza LS-T today from Big O Tires. If I am lucky, I will get them installed tomorrow. The guy from BOT told me that the Bridgestone Turanza LS-T are (or will be) discontinued.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will keep you guys posted. My wife is the primarily driver of the van. I drive it too, but not as much as she does

·
Registered
629 Posts
tires

I have always like BF Goodrich , the couple sets I have owned wore like iron and didn't cost an arm and a leg like Michelins or Goodyears . Kellys , made by goodyear do not cost as much and seem to wear pretty well .

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have 16" Yokohama Avid TRZ"S on my van for 20k miles. These tires give excellent road feel and good traction in rain and snow. They are better than the Michelins they replaced. I definitely would buy them again. Consumers also gave them a good write up.

http://www.yokohamatire.com/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.