DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been finding out how cheap the dashboard is on my 01 Ram. Now, there is a one foot square piece out of it now...I need a new one. The dealer wants 250, salvage yards want 200, do any of you know where I could get a dashboard?

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
JC Whitteny? Not sure but I know I got quite a few parts for my old 70 Chevy from them years ago.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information, but unfortunately they only had dash covers and trim kits. Any other suggestions or websites?

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
I'll give my brother-in-law a call tomorrow and see what he can tell me. He has done a lot of car and truck restorations so he can probably give me a few places to check out. Stay tuned, hopefully I will have something for you tomorrow.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Yeah i am interested as well. My dealer wants $310 for a new one. I have a fabric mat over it for now and crazy glued the crack so it doesnt get any larger. I have not had luck in any salvage yards yet.

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Sorry guys for not getting this done yet. Well sort of anyway, I am waiting for my BIL to call me back. Should have something later on today.

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
yeah but they dont actually replace the real one does it? I dont want just a cover, i rather replace the cracked one.

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Yup you are right that one is just a cover to go on top of the old one. I'm still waiting on my BIL to call me back. If he has not called here in a bit I will call him again. He is supposed to be painting the house today.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
so the search continues.

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Well guys I am sorry to say that my BIL was not much help on this one. The dealer is about the only place that he knew of to get these. He did tell me that we are lucky that they are only about $350 though. He just purchased a new dash for an old charger that he is restoring and told me that he paid $1000 for a new dash. He just suggested getting a cover. Sorry guys....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2001 and the dash started cracking last summer, it now has a 8 in hole in the center of it. I was quoted 392 from dealer here in houston, and 350 used off the internet. Does anybody know if dodge is doing anything to help with this problem or are we sh*t outta luck?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.