·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 80% sure that I want to go from this:

(drop shackles in the back)

to this:

(2" leveling in the front)

(pics swiped from Ram'em and Hemipwr07 's galleries)

The problem............a garage! I went out and measured the opening for the garage. 81" I measured the truck as she sits now. 76" I also pulled the truck under the garage opening and opened the sunroof, measured the difference, 5 1/2". So, I should be ok, but I want to make sure!

I need measurements from an 06-08 QCSB 4x4 (on stock 20s, stock tires - 33") from the ground to the roof.

:help:

Thanks!

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,426 Posts
there are parking garages downtown in cincy that freak the shit outta me...they say 7' max and i barely clear it on 305/50/20s which are 1" shorter than stock. i would have guessed i had less than 6" of clearance

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryan, you aren't leveled out anymore though are you?

When I measured the truck last night it was right at 6'4", I just didn't know if the 2" at the wheel wells equated to 2" at the roof. Seems that it does.

Anyway - gotta get with STL Hemi and see if he wants to do this with me. Even if the back didn't squeak.............some jackmunch yesterday asked me why I brought out my 2wd truck when it was snowing. Now that hurt......LOL

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,426 Posts
no, i removed it a long time ago. im saving for the rancho quicklift from moe's. it is a replacement shock/strut that levels the front. then 305/55 tires...so no more garages, lol

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe

Just curious then........why did you remove the spacers?

And...if it won't fit in the garage........it ain't happening! My next house though.......hopefully will have a taller garage!

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,426 Posts
just got tired of it...wanted new shocks since mine started leaking. it was the autospring kit (same as rubberfrog) and had no issues with it. i dont have a garage at my place so its always uncovered :(

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
so you are gonna do this? No more squeaky 4x2? :thatfunny

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4x2? I aughtta whoop yo @ss!!!

hehe, well.....I will probably do this. Gotta call Paul first - he's done this before and he's got all of the tools (sucker!). But yeah, I am really liking the idea!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
i think it will look good if you go through with it

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe, I know it will - Ram'em's truck is my twin!

I am pricing out the parts right now.

RB - why the quicklift vs the spacer? I was looking at that earlier too........

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
found it! hahah. mine is a 2.5in leveling though...if you want i can go measure?

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
ok i just did...is arounnnnnd 77 1/2 inches...hope that helps

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sweet. right on with what Ram'em told me.

It will fit! and it will look damn awesome. should have gone this route the first time around.

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
ha ok sweet. thanks man i like it alot. i just took my rails off too and kinda makes it look taller too

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my wife is 5 ft tall........the rails have to stay on or I will get shot.

·
Hook it and Book it!
1,182 Posts
haha yaa...dont wanna sleep in the dog house

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome. Keep that thing until August 2010 (when my lease is up) and I might buy it from ya! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.