DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 and both key fobs are failing to lock/unlock the doors.

Been looking at replacements on Amazon and the reviews are so/so.

Is there anyone on this website who has had good luck finding decent fob replacements? I've tried to repair the originals with no luck.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, silly question? Have you replaced the battery in each key fob? Mine has a button battery that had gotten weak and I pretty much had to be right next to my truck for it to work. Try the simple things first, I always say.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried everything I can think of. Battery is new. Tried walking around the car to find the "sweet spot". No luck. But every now and then it will work and I can't figure out why. I'll probably just get another fob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Key Fob has little dome buttons on the inside that make contact with the little computer board in the remote when the buttons are pressed. The domes come loose from the remote buttons so that when the button is pressed, no contact is made with the mother board and therefore it doesn't work.

I replaced mine with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZB3MML/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just took the buttons from this new fob and installed them into the original fob. Easy fix and works perfect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tried to repair the originals how?
The Key Fob has little dome buttons on the inside that make contact with the little computer board in the remote when the buttons are pressed. The domes come loose from the remote buttons so that when the button is pressed, no contact is made with the computer board and therefore it doesn't work. When mine first stopped working, I opened it up and found one of the little domes laying in the bottom of the fob. I super glued it back on and it worked for a while, but then stopped working again. That's when I ordered another fob from amazon and just took the buttons from the new fob and installed them into the original fob replacing the old buttons. Works like brand new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those small domes in the original case were in place and sometimes worked. But I replaced the rubber keypad anyway and it work a few times. Now not at all.

Just for kicks I'm checking my warranty to see if this is covered. I have the maximum care plan that covers everything for lifetime. It states "All electrical systems" And this is an electrical system. Calling the dealer today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those small domes in the original case were in place and sometimes worked. But I replaced the rubber keypad anyway and it work a few times. Now not at all.

Just for kicks I'm checking my warranty to see if this is covered. I have the maximum care plan that covers everything for lifetime. It states "All electrical systems" And this is an electrical system. Calling the dealer today.
Let us know if they cover it. I have the maximum care plan also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.