DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think it is feasible to hold a raffle for my 07 QC Big Horn with 43000 miles. Im thinking about setting a goal of 300 tickets at $100 a pop. I want to set everything up with a lawyer where I don't touch any of the money, and I have been told that will cost around 500-600. I wuuld use the money to pay off the loan and the rest would go to my local HS quarterback club. I have several ideas for advertising I'm throwing around. My question is, do you guys think this could work. I haven't heard of anyone doing this and was curious If anyone has ever dealt with anything like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly. That is a question I was going to have to pose to the lawyer. This is still in the idea phase. And I'm just trying to gauge whether any of you guys think that goal is realistic. 300 hundred is not a requirement, just a goal. I would have to set up some kind of minimum though.

·
14 Express
261 Posts
Honestly, I would not plunk down 100 bucks for a chance to win a used truck that has 43K on it. It would have to be brand spankin new.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I wouldn't pay $100 to try to win a used truck from somebody over the internet.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
lol...used will be the problem

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Honestly, I would not plunk down 100 bucks for a chance to win a used truck that has 43K on it. It would have to be brand spankin new.
I agree with him it sounds fishy to me actually.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I thought he was talking more local...

But over the internet HELL NO!!!

I bet no one would win or it would be the guys wife. I would have to be there live for the drawing and it would have to be a new truck.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I thought he was talking more local...

But over the internet HELL NO!!!

I bet no one would win or it would be the guys wife. I would have to be there live for the drawing and it would have to be a new truck.
I assumed he was talking internet since his second post on DT was to ask about this. If it was local though, I would still be leary

In no way am I implying that the o.p. is trying to run a scam, just saying that if someone did this in my local area I wouldn't feel safe.......that is just the way I am though......don't like taking big risks.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
You could just send me the $100 dollars and I guarantee you won't win a truck. :D
:thatfunny:thatfunny I guess that takes all the risk out of it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This would not be over the net. This was entirely local. I was not goin to run it over DT. I was just tryin to gather opinions. I was going to use a local lawyer who said he would be able to control this with some type of trust that I did not control.

·
Wilson
971 Posts
I think you would have a problem selling enough at $100 a pop to make it worthwhile for you.

St. Judes does a 500,000 dream home here every year and sells tickets for $100 with a max of 2000 tickets to be sold. They have a hard getting them sold. I would think it would be harder selling tickets for a used truck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.