Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Giddy-up...
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you guys with connections...

This morning, I noticed my Check Engine light on. When I got this afternoon, I hooked up the good old Superchips and it says:
"P2308 Ignition Coil C Secondary Circ"
The 3 hits that come back from Google are NOT very helpful, and the one hit I get searching here at DT.Com is about a Durango needing plugs.

Questions:
1. Does this mean I've got one of the many coils that's gone/going bad? Or could it just be a plug going bad?
2. Does anyone know if this is covered under the 7yr/100k mile Warranty?
3. If not, roughly how much will I be looking at?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Hemi 4x4/Challenger T/A
1,485 Posts
According to my factory Powertrain manual:
P2308-Ignition coil #3 Secondary Circuit-Insufficient Ionization

Set Condition: IF PCM detects that the secondary ignition burn time is incorrect, too short, or not present, an error is detected. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

Possible Causes:
ASD relay ouput circuit
Coil on plug resistance
Ignition coil failure
Coil control circuit open
Coil control circuit shorted to ground
PCM failure

It goes into much detail on diagnostics, all using a DRBIII tool. I can type all that jazz if you like, but it appears the #3 coil either has a wiring issue, is unplugged, has a bad spark plug wire or something is shorted.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
moparedtn said:
Why doesn't someone make a replacement exhaust pipe for the drivers' side outlet of the cat on the hemis that makes the turn to go true dual? Seems like a no-brainer to me...
Out of curiousity, have you pm'd or posted to our new Exhaust Sponsor. He was taking ideas and such from people in a thread earlier.

KB

·
Hemi 4x4/Challenger T/A
1,485 Posts
Ah, must have missed it.

I'll dig for it later, thanks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I just got a P2308 on the way home from work tonight.

Anyone else experience this?

Know of a fix?

How are the coils laid out?
By firing order?
Which coil is coil 3?

·
Milkman
444 Posts
Got the code twice now. Anybody found whats causing this? I noticed that P0308 is a cylinder 8 misfire so I would think that 2308 would be dealing with cylinder 8. Im gonna pull the #8 plugs tomorrow and see how they look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.