DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today, i worked on my truck a little. It needed a new Ide Air control valve. I disconnected all the wiring harnesses to the TB sensors, and removed the throttle body. I removed the IAC, and replaced it. When i was assembling everything back together, i ran into a problem. As i was tightening the TB down, somehow the IAC wiring harness pinched itself under the IAC motor. I felt the rear bolts a little tight, so when i took a look around, i noticed the wireing harness under there.... well i quickly untightened the botls, and pulled the harness out. The weather seal i riped now, and the last prong is bent, and the plastic has bent a little also. It wont go into the IAC now. I went to my autoparts store, and its a dealer only part. Went to the dealer, and they could only find a 4-way engine harness. They said the whole harness needs to be replaced $500! Thats insane! he did say he wasnt sure if that was the only part available, and to come back another day when someone else could help me. So am i the only idiot who did this, or has anyone else have this problem. How do i go aout fixing this without paying $500 for a 4-way harness. I am sure crysler has to have a replacement part, or single harness. if not i was thinking of going to the junkyard, and cutting a IAC wiring harness, and splicing it into the original line. Would that work? i am going to try to see if i can straigthen the prong out to fit. Any help would be great :D

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
find an IAC relocator kit, it comes with a longer wire and adapter that you can splice right in, and that should fix your problem

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
oh btw i think they're cheap too

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do u know were i can find them? thanks!

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
wait do you mean the IAT sensor?, that brass plug in your #2 runner of the intake manifold that measures air temperature?

·
An Army of One
1,227 Posts
Hot, you don't know what you are talking about!
Go to a junk yard and get one, and be sure to cut it with long
enough wiring still on it, then use some butt connectors
to splice it in to replace the broken one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ret.ArmySF, i think thats what i will have to do if i cant striaghten it out. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.