Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefined
I have recently put about 3K into my Dakota, I put a Jet Tb spacer, Jet stage 2 chip, Gibson headers, and cat back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, MSD Blaster SS coil and 6A ignition amplifier, 180 thermostat, summit racing distributor ca and rotor, and JBA 8mm plug wires with Autoliet APP6244 i think something like that( the double platinum version for the 3.9)and a Auborn Gear LSD.. and droped it 2 in the front with DJM control arms (which are OK and thats it) and i used a beltech hanger kit ( or so it ws supposed to be) it ws supposed to be a 3-4 lowering kit well it was only a 4 so my rear end sat lower than the front and it looked stupid, iremedied this by puting a set of helper springs.. and getting my springs into those hangers well we spent like an hour beating and grinding to get them in and lined up (beltech sucks) and by all means the LSD was the best mod.. I can tell a little bit after installing all this stuff, and the JET chip was a hunk of money down the drain, you can barely notice anything and you have to be going over 70 to feel it ( about 35-4000 rpm's) definately not worth 250 bucks.. WOW boy do i recomend that diff it is awesome!! but any ways my truck still idles rough, and i just think ther eis more life caged up in that 3.9 than i have been able to unleash, anybody have any helpful tips ontop of what i have all ready done?? what abuot a TB?? thanks..

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Rough idle? Get rid of that TB Spacer. They do nothing for our type of engines.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
coachholland said:
Rough idle? Get rid of that TB Spacer. They do nothing for our type of engines.
i argee a friend of mine put one in had it for two days and could not evean give it away

·
Registered
155 Posts
My first advise would be to get a V-8. If your financial situation won't allow that, I would get a Superchips Power Programmer, if there is one avalible for you engine. I did the CAI/exhaust/AMSOIL thing and saw almost no gains. When I used the programmer it would seem all the other mods prepared me for the Superchips because after I used the 93 octane program and not untill I got faster and quicker and almost picked up 5 MPG!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah don't go for the jet chip not worth the plastic they're made outta. Well actually I seen one for our trucks tonight on ebay and it was at $150 US dollars so I guess someone wants them haha..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.