DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EATIN CHEVYS SHITIN FORDS
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 4x4 hemi limited with 72000miles on it. this is my wifes so i do not drive it alot. but the other day i noticed that at lower speeds say around 35 to 45mph, that the rpms go up and down at steady light throttle. So today i am at a gun show and she calls me and said the truck cut off with her. and it did it last night also. so when i leave the show i go by her work and take the d for a spin. when you take off at light throttle it kinda jerks a little and then goes. kinda of like it hesitates. but if you get on it hard on take off it does not do it. so i drive it around for 15 min and drive the shit out of it. it is not as bad but it still hesitates a little. what do you guys think it might be? tb needs to be cleaned? i just had a plug job at the stealership about 2000miles ago. any ideas???????????????????????????:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
It might be something as simple as a fuel filter that is about clogged up.

·
Alcohol Aficionado
283 Posts
I had s similar problem on my Gen I Durango, had to replace the fuel injector on the first cylinder. Mine had the same symptoms but at lower speeds (15-20mph) and at idle.

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i reset the computer a few weeks ago and it fixed everything. but it is now starting to do it again. any thoughts to what it would be? do you guys think it would be the electronic throttle on the throttle body?

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
once again i reset the computer and it fixed the problem for now. any ideas?

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts
Got me? It may be a computer problem. I would think that if it was an injector issue, clearing the computer wouldn't help.

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am thinking it might be the electronic throttle control on the throttle body. i am going to clean the tb in a few days to see if it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.