DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mother is stuck in snow in her impala. Where is the wisest place to attach the tow rope on her car. I found where to put it on the truck there is 2 flap looking things that have hook connecters on both sides of the hitch taht are part of the frame.

Where would I find one on her chevy Impala sedan.

·
Registered
920 Posts
If you cant find any tow hooks on the car, just attach it to a sturdy part of the frame. I have pulled a few out by putting a strap around the lower control arm since it was the only visible thing. It worked, but they were not stuck to bad

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I got her out didnt find the hooks at all so I attached it to the wheel frames. I thought putting it on the axel or the wheels were bad so I didnt do it

·
14 Express
261 Posts
If you are not familiar with the proper rigging involved to pull a vehicle out of the snow or any stuck vehicle, I would suggest you call a wrecker to do the extraction. It might save you from any additional damage to your truck or your moms car caused by inexperience. You might have some trouble using your truck anyway seeing that it's a 2WD.

·
14 Express
261 Posts
Thanks I got her out didnt find the hooks at all so I attached it to the wheel frames. I thought putting it on the axel or the wheels were bad so I didnt do it

Didn't see this post, must have been posting at the same time.

Glad to see it worked out for you.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
as long as you didn't hook the tow strap around the bumper. I've seen video's of that :thatfunny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.