DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently installed a system in my 04 rumble bee. when i turn the truck on the amp and cap have power but the sub isnt really working. i tried rewiring from the amp to the sub but nothing happened. the sub works when its hooked up to a different stereo though. i have the infinity system from the factory so i dont know if i have to wire things up different or what but i cant figure it out...

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok how did you getthe sound? did you tap the rear speakers? IF so you need to tap the front doors. They get more power. also does your amp have a crossover to block out the higher sounds? Where are your gains on the amp set?
I didnt tap any speakers, I have the sub wires into the amp, the amp rca's into the h/u, the remote wire to a 12v source. What do I have to tap into the speakers? The crossover is set at the mid point currently

·
D unLimited
41 Posts
i recently installed a system in my 04 rumble bee. when i turn the truck on the amp and cap have power but the sub isnt really working. i tried rewiring from the amp to the sub but nothing happened. the sub works when its hooked up to a different stereo though. i have the infinity system from the factory so i dont know if i have to wire things up different or what but i cant figure it out...
what type of radio do you have? what type of amp and subs do you have? I can probably help you.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts

It's been a few weeks. Did you get this resolved? If not, list your system. Is any part of the infinity system still in use?

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hasnt been totally resolved...turns out when i got my headunit installed the shop hacked up the part of my factory wiring harness connects to the new headunit wiring kit. now the headunit will not power up at all so i am thinking of hooking the red wire to a switch power source, the yellow up to the battery and grounding the black just to see if the headunit will turn on. the shop somehow cut out my amp b/c i have it sitting in my garage but i dont know what they really did.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
So they cut out the infinity amp, left the stock infinity speakers, and connected the sub system?

Aftermarket H/U >> stock infinity speakers
Aftermarket H/U >> aftermarket sub amp >> aftermarket subs

Is that the situation?

Take it back to the shop that installed it and let them try to fix it first. Go to a manager in a polite manner and they'll probably make it right. You need to go to a manager so they know you're serious, but don't be a dick or you'll get a poorly rigged up solution that will probably break again in a week.

Bypassing the infinity amp is the norm, and not to be held against them.

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an amp, sub, cap, and headunit with the stock speakers. i took it back to the shop and they said they would look at it for some $$$ i dont really want to spend any more money so im going to try to tweek some wires a little bit once the weather clears up some so i can see if the headunit will turn on.

·
D unLimited
41 Posts
How many speakers do u have hooked up to the radio? Make sure there is only 4 changing the quantity of speakers will change the impedence from 4ohm to 2ohm if they are in paralell. Also check the fuse on the back of radio.

·
Registered
516 Posts
i'm not too familiar with the infinity system if its different someone can correct me but from readin over this sounds like u have a pretty typical install.. here's what i would do if i was u..

i'm guessing since u said the shop hacked wires ur not going to be using a wiring harness thats plug and play.. but i dont normally use one either.. so here is what to do..
find a wiring diagram for your truck, and just like u said go black ground yellow constant + red switched + then match up all your speaker colors..

once u do this, you can do a test without installing everything, just plug the headunit in and see if u power up and have sound to all of your speakers. assuming you do, you can then plug your rca wires into the subwoofer/rear preouts on the hu. again test to see if everything is working and now you should have sound to the subs. also if your hu doesnt have a special wire for the remote turn on you can jump off of the switched +.

you can probably find the wiring diagram online or if u have one already the back of a haynes or chiltons manual will have it as well...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.