DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys the tune up didn't stop the hesitating and stumbling while on the throttle. I took it out last night and it still does it, I will accelerate and then it does it ,kinda vibrates the truck then it quits, I also noticed last night that it smokes when it does this, like it is over loading or something. i have been told it could be my cat, Help Please.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys this is baffling me. It is not throwing any codes or anything. I could just do process of illimination,tbs sensor,iac sensor,etc.... but I was hoping one of you guys had run into this and knew what it was.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If it was a IAC then it would do it at idle as well....I was thinking it sounds like the Throttle Position Sensor-but that would throw a code if it was consistant enough. It's a possibility that the cat is clogged....

Is/was there any oil in your spark plug cylinders when you changed them? Could be just a misfire from oil drowning the spark, which means you need a new valve cover gasket...

It could also possibly be some sort of fuel shortage-like it's not getting proper fuel then the CPU dumps more fuel making it smoke a little....what color is the smoke? How has your gas mileage been since this started? This may be a bad fuel pressure regulator...

I'm thinking it may be the EGR valve cycling as well which could cause a stutter but not neccessarily throw a code.

It's only 7am & I'm sick so I'm not thinking 100% clearly...but I'll ask my car buff boyfriend what his opinion would be on the issue as well- just to get a second opinion.

Just some basic questions to maybe get a better idea...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a ton. The smoke is from fuel, and it does it then not, back and forth. I might look at the egr.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy cow! an egr valve is like 100 bucks,lol. Can you just unhook it,lol. I know on chevy's you can just take it off and use an egr block off plate, can this also be done with a ram, or do you have to replace it. Alot of people are saying it could be the egr valve because of the sputtering in and out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ooh that I don't know, I'm used to little 4 bangers, LOL! I know in our Eclipse & my neon it can be blocked off....but not really sure on the truck!!

I hate emissions stuff...it causes more issues then not!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.