Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also posted on DTW

I have a 2001 5.9L 4x4 auto, and my problem is that in cold and wet weather, when driving around and letting off the gas the truck stalls. I took it to my mechanic and it would not stall for him. He did an injector clean/flush. However this did absolutly nothing. He didnt want to waste my time or money in trying to troubleshoot the problem as nothing was showing up abnormal on his computer either. But the thing is it is getting worse, in my 5km drive to work it stalled 8 times on me. It is really making me hate my truck. Any suggestions or any insight into other similar problems appreciated.

So to recap, when I let off the gas the rpms stick then drop right to 0 and it stalls out, I can immediatly restart with no problem. I want this fixed as I have a Superchips programer I want to use and dont want any problems. Also I just want to drive my truck knowing it is reliable.
Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
IAC
This happened to me with my 97' 5.2, it has also been a current issue with my buddys 01 3.9L ram.

I used to have to hold my foot on the gas when approaching a stop until I got back on the gas.
Just my 2cents
Ron

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
I second the IAC. It could also be the TPS. Moisture in the cap and rotor would make it run ruff along with stalling. A clogged cat could also stall it out along with a bad fuel pump. But those 2 are usually only noticeable at high rpms so would be least likely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, now is replacing the IAC a job someone could do at home, or should it be left to the pros.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Easy. Unplug, unbolt, put the new one in torque it down, and re-connect the wires. It's nice to have a manual so you know where the part is.

·
Registered
503 Posts
EGR valve. I had that a long time ago. It didn't throw a code and took me forever to figure out what it was.

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
IAC took me 2 minutes, and that's cause I bothered cleaning out the TB while it was out. It bolts to the back of the TB. One electrical connector, and two Torx Screws and it's out. Install new one, 2 torx screws and one connector... BAM Done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.