DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the deal...today i installed my new door speakers in the front and rear doors. front being 6x9 and rear being 6.5 well the installation went fine. got everything in and it sounded great. then when i went to drive my truck about a half hour later something wierd happened. when i started my truck the stereo came on just fine and then about 5 seconds later it just cut all the sound out. the power doesn't go out or anything and the display is running as normal but just no sound. but then if i turn off the stereo and turn it right back on it plays again for exactly five seconds then cuts sound out again. have any of you had this problem before and if so how do i fix it? i was planning on buying a new head unit anyways but i dont want to at this point. but if i have to then i will. i would just like to figure out this little problem becuase i can't stand driving without tunes. thanks guys for your help...

mike

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Hmmm, never heard of that happening before. :dunno: Hope you get it figured out, but if not, it sounds like the perfect time to get a new HU. :IDEA:

·
Registered
103 Posts
you have a speaker line grounding out somwhere. if the speaker wires touch metal in the car, it shorts the amp in the radio and the radio goes into protect. lights up like a christmas tree but no sound. see it multiple times a day. go back and make sure all of your connections ard well insulated, NO BARE WIRE! also check to make sure your tinsel leads aren't touching the basket of the speaker, they can ground that way to. fix this soon, or you may toast the radio

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks rich, i'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
2thed said:
...today i installed my new door speakers in the front and rear doors.
Do you have the Infinity 7 speaker setup?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
deputy, no i dont have the infinity. i opted to not get that setup becuase i was planning on changing the whole system anyways. i'm one of those guys who can't leave well enough alone. i always have to tinker.

rich, thanks for the advice. i checked out all my speakers and found one where the lead was touching the basket so i isolated it with some electrical tape and hooked it back up. it sounds great now and it doesn't cut off. now all i have to do is get off my butt and buy an amp and head unit so i can install my subs. after that i'll be done with audio and start on engine stuff. but for that i have to save up enough money to buy the paxton supercharger that i have seen. only $4,500!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.