DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of LED's to light up my grille and curious on how the wiring should actually be done. I want to run them into my dash with a switch obviously but is there anything important i should know? Where should i pull my power from, as in where should i connect the lead wire? Sorry if if sounds nubish in the wording.Thanks.

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
Are you going to put them on a separate switch or have them wired to the running lights?

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I basically just want them on when i flip the switch, not a start up or anything just when i want them.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
I used neons behind my grill and under the hood and just followed the dirctions that came with them. It's a pretty simple mod to do.

Attachments

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ordered some led's from superbrightleds.com so there will be no instructions. Should i just find any power source or what?

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
I would find a switched power source so when you turn the engine off they go off, just to keep the battery drain down. You should have a power port on the dash that is switched, tap into that wire behind the dash and then run through your switch and then to the lights. LED lights don't draw a lot but it just makes it a cleaner installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.