DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this black flat sheet of metal underneath the truck. It is located on top of what looks like to be a transmission mount. It has 4 bolts that what appears to screw this plate to the rear of the transmission case. Can anyone tell me if these are supposed to have bolts in them or not. It looks like they should be there because the mount moves a little and my truck shakes when taking off and I am thinking that this may be to the mount not being bolted to the housing. Any takers? Thanks

·
dodgedude
23 Posts
i think your talking about your transmission mount. look to see if the holes are threaded. if they are then put bolts in it. i would stongly suggest doing this before you start having some problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone please help! There is a black metal plate directly under the rear of the transmission. This plate is located on top of the transmission mount. It has 4 holes and there are no bolts there for the threaded holes in the rear of the transmission. I need to know the size of the bolts, can anyone help?
Thank you :rck:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA HA! Ok it is the transmission support bracket. Does anyone know the correct size of the 4 bolts that go to this thing? Anything helps....Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you can wait till tomorrow, I can pull mine out, and let ya know...

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried 5/8 and was too small. I went to ace and got 4 galv 7/16" x 1 in with lock washers. Did the trick. Snug and good fit. Thank you for the reply I appreciate it! Have a great weekend!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.