DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I have searched (and read) all of the posts about front end noises and none of them apply. So here is where I need your help...

I had my truck in for service at the dealer and they replaced my front differential (another story). After I got it back I noticed a noise coming from the front end, when my wheels are turned and I take off. I also notice when I go over moderate bumps (like the driveway) and the wheels are turned. I took it back for a broken clip problem in the rear (yes - another story) and had them look at the noise. They told me they could not reproduce the problem. OK... when I drove off the lot, you guess it, I heard the noise when pulling out of their driveway! I finally took it back to the dealer where I bought it (since they are known for good front end work) and they said they heard the noise, but it was minor and found nothing wrong when they had it on their lift. he service manager wrote it up as "Many after market parts - Could not reproduce noise". When I spoke to him, he said they have had similar trucks with this kind of problem and it ended up being shocks. I put on Rancho 9000x shocks on all 4 corners less than 10,000 miles ago. Can they be bad already? Is it possible they were damaged when they did my front end? I hate to think I need to replace these already, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
any time you or anyone else does work or adds parts you need to first go back and inspect those parts and double check them well,even if that means re-tightening fasteners,shocks bolts,and anything you may see needs attention. Guessing noises on a forum isnt going to help,getting under the truck and having a buddy help out by rocking the truuck or rocking the steering wheel will normally show you the noise if you know how to look.

Many many times I have guys install their own stuff I sell them and I get a noise complaint,then once I tell them to double check their work and tighten bolts if necessary all is well and they feel better,and relieved that it was their own mistake.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Agree 100%

I did all of that. The first thing I did when I heard the noise was crawl under the truck and check everything I could think of. Then I also had 2 dealers try to isolate it. Both said everything in the front end is good and tight. They (claim) they even checked the items that I installed (the shocks). Everything is tight and the noise can not be reproduced when on the lift. I am just curious as to if anyone else had problems with the RS9000x shocks, bushings, or anything else. What baffles me is everything was fine ubtil AFTER the dealer replaced my front differential.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.