DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

need help tranny problems

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  RamThis 
#1 ·
96 ram 1500 5.9 4x4 auto long story short leaking from bell housing dropped tranny put new seal in found the pump stator bushing went out in it wore the housing a lil. took apart to look for anything else gone bad got it all back together now when it is in reverse very lil movement put in 4 low moves better but not wat it should be dont no bout forward gears cant get it out of the garage lol any help would be appreciated.:help:

#4 ·
Time for a rebuild. Grab your ankles. Or call up Wayne at www.apsprecision.com he'll hook you up.

#6 ·
Im thinking your rear band/drum is out. Or the rear servo is broken/stuck. It consists of a total teardown to replace. Its not a job for the faint hearted. I rebuilt mine in 2002 with a Level10 kit and OEM bands/drums, and a Trans-Go shift kit. The Level10 kit was about 550 bucks back then. But Wayne can get you set up better, wish I knew him back then. About the cheapest you're gonna get out if you take it into a shop is around a grand or more. Usually a rebuild done right will run you about 2 grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.