DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received new orders to transfer to Bangor Washington, currently live in Kingsbay Ga. I am going to have most of my stuff moved but I have 3 cars and the navy will not ship one so it looks like I will have to tow one across country. I am going to go across the south instead of the through Colorado and such to stay on flat land. I have a 2013 ram express with the hemi didn't buy it with the expectations of towing anything but just wondering it would be able to tow a 2016 Ford Fusion that far without killing my truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
That guy
3,097 Posts
You'll be fine, make sure the trailer is in good shape and your brakes (truck and trailer) are in working order.

I've never suggested flat towing anything but it's your call on that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If they will ship two and that just leaves you with one, just drive it and save the hassle of towing.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That is a long haul. You can tow it, but that will be a long, slow trip. I made plenty of moves in my 22 yrs so I understand your concern. Weigh all the options closely. For me, it was cheaper to pay someone to drive my car across the country than to tow it. Sometimes it's even better to sell one before the move and replace it at the destination. The truck will have no problem. You are looking at roughly 6000 lbs. Not too hard on a Hemi, but it will be a slow trip. Account for an extra day of travel. As for the route, you will hit mountains regardless. Actually, CO isn't even one of the routes. I would stay south if the trip is fall/winter and go north (Nebraska, WY, UT, ID) if traveling in the heat of summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help, will probably try to ship is, tow as a lay resort. It is a front wheel drive should I go with the car dolly or a flat trailer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.