DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was installing new mirrors and i didnt get a wiring diagram so i was just trying my best and i thought i could hear a clicking and the mirrors and the cd player along with the dome lights all went out all the fuses look good under the hood and in the dash. What could be wrong ?????? PLZ HELP!
I know i could rewire the lights and cd player its the constant power that is off on the cd player but i would just like to hear something easy .

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Do you have an inline fuse anywhere? Did you check the fuse on the back of the head unit? Doesnt sound too serious, just trace all wires with a test light until you find the dead spot!

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fuses are all good even the cd player one im just going to put a 2nd circuit on the head unit and run a new wire then when i get my tv for the over head console ill run new wires there to and the new mirriors i have im selling and getting manual mirrors. lol i hate my truck some times LOL .

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
I would rather have your problems than mine!! What kind of mirrors are you selling? Got pictures?

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
There are some inline fuseable links in addition to what is in the fuse box. Hopefully you didn't feed back into the BCM (Body control module) and fry it. Were these Mopar or aftermarket mirrors?

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after market so there are inline fuses that i could have blown where are they located do you know i hate to ask at work they would laugh at me .hehe.

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
There could be a number of them. Not sure on the exact locations of these. Just start tracing wires back and look for a plastic inline connectors on the wire.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found the problem the IOD fuse was burned out i just put a new one in,
sorry dude i didnt see that you want to know the type of mirrors i had i have the pic off the website there still just like new they work i tryed them and i figured out the wiring diagram for them 2. I want 38 + shipping for them.

Thanks for all the help i hope this helps someone else
IOD fuse LOL

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.