DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Dodge 1500 4wd. I am trying to replace the front wheel bearing hub. How do you get the 3 bolts off? I cannot seem to fit any tool to remove them?!?!

Any help would be great

TIA!

· Banned
1,879 Posts
mariea said:
I have a 2003 Dodge 1500 4wd. I am trying to replace the front wheel bearing hub. How do you get the 3 bolts off? I cannot seem to fit any tool to remove them?!?!

Any help would be great

TIA!
Cant remember 100 percent but i think you can take the spindle off and use a biggg hammer but be careful not to do any damage.

· Banned
11,103 Posts
The wheel bearing hub assembly has 3 18mm headed bolts,you just need to find the right combo of socket,ratchet,and extension. IF you desire,the spindle can be removed if it makes it easier,but they can be removed with the spindle still on the truck.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SilsHemi said:
The wheel bearing hub assembly has 3 18mm headed bolts,you just need to find the right combo of socket,ratchet,and extension. IF you desire,the spindle can be removed if it makes it easier,but they can be removed with the spindle still on the truck.

Yes, those 3 18mm bolts are the problem. I don't have any socket/ratchet that will fit into the space to get them off.

Do you know what needs to be used to remove them with the spindle still in place?

· sans sanity
1,538 Posts
When i did mine i had to pop the upper ball joint out as well as pop the tie rod off so that only the lower ball joint was holding everything in place. Of course i could then remove the half shaft easily which allowed easy access to the three bolts.

A large c clamp "bent" so that the contact surfaces are about an inch out of alignment left to right and a ball peen hammer get my ball joints out every time.

An offset dog bone ratcheting wrench "might" keep you from removing the extra stuff but it's iffy as the space is pretty tight and i remember those bolt being seriously torqued down when i went to remove mine.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.