Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The sender or the gauge?
Both. The only part of the cooling system that I haven't changed is the temp gauge. I picked up a mechanical gauge yesterday, but haven't had time to install it yet. With my wife going in the hospital Friday morning to deliver my baby boy, I probably won't get to it for a while.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
congrats on the pending new addition wish you and your wife the best

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks! I'm getting pretty darn excited! He'll be the first boy in my family on my Dad's side. There for a while I thought my brother and I were the end of the line since we both had all girls.

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
congrats on the new addition.

That sender is a PITA to get to. Located next to the t-stat housing. Remember not to use any teflon or liquid tape on the threads when installing the new one, if it's not grounded good it won't work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
congrats on the new addition.

That sender is a PITA to get to. Located next to the t-stat housing. Remember not to use any teflon or liquid tape on the threads when installing the new one, if it's not grounded good it won't work.
Thanks for the info. That is something I never knew or even thought of. I think I did use thread seal on it. I'll pull it out clean up the threads in the intake and on the sender. I've gotten pretty good at taking the A/C and altenator off to get to the sensors. Shouldn't take more than a half an hour.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.