DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has an 88 dodge 4wd which runs great 80% of the time, but 20% of the time it will crank like crazy and not start, or just cut out while driving down the road. I think we have it down to the ballast resistor, but where the hell is it?

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
welcome to dodgetalk. its not a ballist resistor , if it was it wouldnt start at all, have your fuel pressure checked , it sounds like that is your issue...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
88 dodge

It's definitiely related to fuel pressure. when the truck won't start I'm not getting the 12v feed to the asd relay coil. The only drawings i have to go by are the ones in the haynes manual, and they show the asd coil power fed from the load side of the ballast resistor, which looks like it's fed from the starter relay. The starter motor works every time,and according to the drawing the starter motor and ballast resistor are fed from the same point. thanks for any other info you can give me. by the way, do you where is that resistor is located.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
ed jones said:
It's definitiely related to fuel pressure. when the truck won't start I'm not getting the 12v feed to the asd relay coil. The only drawings i have to go by are the ones in the haynes manual, and they show the asd coil power fed from the load side of the ballast resistor, which looks like it's fed from the starter relay. The starter motor works every time,and according to the drawing the starter motor and ballast resistor are fed from the same point. thanks for any other info you can give me. by the way, do you where is that resistor is located.
i couldnt tell you where the ballast may be , but i would bet you need a fuel pump...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
welcome!

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk, Ed Jones!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.