DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mother Mopar
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problems. I got a new hi-flow Cat about a month ago and about 2 weeks after I got it that code "P0420" caused my Check Engine Light to come on. So in hopes that the computer just needed to "relearn" the change, I reset the computer. It went about a week and a half and the light came back on. So for the last two days Ive been trying to get the right O2 sensors here to replace. I just dont know which sensor it is. I had a local shop put a diagnostic tool up there and it gave me (catalyst efficiency low-bank 1). Can anyone help us out with this.

Today Napa shipped in the "right" sensors and I got a local shop to put them on. The two sensors have the same part number and Napa assured me that both pre and post CAT o2 sensors are the same. But when you open the box up they were slightly different as far as the tips of the sensors. Is this normal?

Now the local shop put the sensors on and they also assured me that both were the same. Im afraid that one is differnt than the other and that they might have been put in the wrong place.

I guess only time will tell. Im also afraid that the CEL will come on again in about a week because both pre and post CAT sensors are getting nearly the same reading because of the hi-flow. :whackit:

·
Registered
141 Posts
O2 Sensors

I bought my O2 sensors at Autozone and they were also the same. I paid about $78.00 dollars a year ago. I installed them and haven't had any problems.

Did you disconnnect the battery when you installed the O2 sensors?

·
Mother Mopar
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea I did disconnect it afterwards

·
truckman323
466 Posts
I put in o2 sensors about 2 months ago. There is a different part # for the upstream and the downstream. They look pretty much the same, but are different parts. They were for a 99, I don't know if for the newer years they are the same part.

·
Mother Mopar
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put in o2 sensors about 2 months ago. There is a different part # for the upstream and the downstream. They look pretty much the same, but are different parts. They were for a 99, I don't know if for the newer years they are the same part.
Yea the guy at Napa said that my truck, being an 01, was different from the rest. I am just worried that the light will come back on. But you say youve had them changed for two months soo that makes me feel a little better.

·
truckman323
466 Posts
Yeah, I have had no problems at all with them so far

·
Registered
551 Posts
As long as your hi flow cat is working properly and your o2 sensors are good the light should not come on. Even when I had no cat it took about a week for the light to come on. In my experience so far i havent seen any upstream or downstream sensors that are different. The values that they read are the only different things between them

·
Registered
61 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.