DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I just bought an 05 srt 10. I want to lower the truck. Not cause I want to but I am permanatley handicapped and this will be my driver. I really would like to go 4-6 but I realize that I will have to notch the frame. What I think I can get away with is 2-4. I am aware of the x-metal kit and it looks great. But the ride is really important to me beacuse I need something comfortable and soft. Is there a 2 inch spindle out there? that way I can keep the factory spring cause I can live with the ride now. I would just use the spindle and then buy the x-metal rear flip kit. My final question is who make the best shocks out ther for lowered trucks? I would really like something with some adjustment. Thanks a lot and I really enjoy all your posts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yamahauler16,

Try the vtcoa forum. I just got a 06 quad cab srt 10 and have been checking them out over there. Seems to be a lot more info than here, so maybe they can tell you what you need to know. I keep coming here because I like the people. Cool bunch.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
McGaughys has a 2/4 kit that will work for you. And yes they have a 2" spindle. Slammed1 can get you the parts for a great price and he can do the install also.

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
I cut a 1/2coil from my front {dealership got the alignment back in}, and added a 1" steel block to the rear.
Running Nitro Drop shocks all around.. {2 sets in the rear, kinda trick}
Only cost me the price of the shocks and like 15.00 for the blocks..
Im runnin no2 and beatin on her good and she is holding up real nice..
L.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
McGaughys spindles wont work with SRt trucks because of the big brakes,but McGaughys does have the springs to work. If you dont see the drop info on this forum you need post up on my forum at the bottom section of sponsor forums or in the 3rd Gen Ram Sport truck section.........this Site has a wealth of info if you look in the right places.

Sorry I should hang out in the SRT-10 Truck forums more,I apologize.

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
I am at 10k on my cut spring, add a block lowering job...
Rides and handles like a champ.
I wish mu reg. cab 1500 had a factory style flip lin the rear ike my srt does...
it would be dropped already as well...
L.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I never said anything bad about cut springs........just most guys with $50,000 trucks want to do it differently. I have been trimming coils for a long long time to finess drops with no problems either but If you keep telling guys to do it they will try and might not do everything associated as well.....like run a little shorter shocks and bumpstops,as well as possible alignment issues. I as well as you can trim coils all day long and make them work but guys reading our talks may try it out without full knowledge of what all is involved.....which is why I offer kits with instructions to do the job.

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
slammed1 said:
I never said anything bad about cut springs........just most guys with $50,000 trucks want to do it differently. I have been trimming coils for a long long time to finess drops with no problems either but If you keep telling guys to do it they will try and might not do everything associated as well.....like run a little shorter shocks and bumpstops,as well as possible alignment issues. I as well as you can trim coils all day long and make them work but guys reading our talks may try it out without full knowledge of what all is involved.....which is why I offer kits with instructions to do the job.
Hey man, I didnt know you offered kits for the srt-1o or I wouldnt have said anything else..
I have read nothing but good stuff about you and your setups, so that post def. wasnt directed at you perse'. It was just a general reminder that i posted an answer for him, and I think he would be mor ethan satisfied with the results.
I cut 1 full coil and the dealsership wa sable to get correct allignment afterwards.
Also went with a block in the rear, and have seen no ill effects.
But def, if you want to buy a suspecnsion setup, from what I have heard/seen, go with slammed1 all the way....
L.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.