DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find a CAI for my 02 5.9 but haven't had any luck because of the following 2 reasons:

1. I want an open element filter, no airbox.
2. It cant use the threaded rod on top of the throttle body (see pic) because I want to upgrade throttle body at some point and it doesn't have that threaded hole.

So the K&N and 360 are out because of reason 2 and Volant is out because of reason 1. And Air-Ram doesn't make one for the 5.9 yet. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Your photo looks like the 2nd generation 01 model not the 02 3rd generation model?

I believe the 02 model should look like the photo below( MAC system for 02 360 Ram ). No offense meant, and not suggesting you don't know your own truck, just trying to be sure what you actually have mount wise? The one shown in your photo with the rod on top or the one like is shown in my photo that uses the TB more like the 4.7L and 5.7L which looks like it is on it's side?

If you have the one like you show( I assume it is your truck )then any aftermarket TB that is the correct application should have the hole for the threaded rod for the air hat. If it doesn't then I would question if it is the right one.

Attachments

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clear things up a bit, I have a 3rd Gen Ram with a 5.9. The throttle body is like the pic in my original post (points straight up) and not like the HEMI (tilted). It does have the threaded hole now but at some point I want to upgrade my throttle body and I loose the threaded hole, which is why I want an intake that doesn't use that. I need one that will clamp around the throttle body like the factory stuff does.

This is the best pic I have of what it looks like now

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.