DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if the Cold air intakes on ebay for an 05' 1500 4.7 the ones that cost $21-22 before shipping are any good or is their one they may cost a little more that would work better.I want to order one today so please help.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
if your talking about the one with the 3 in pipe that connects to the resonator on top of the motor then your just wasting your money. i bought one and ended up replacing it with the one from 4caroption. much bigger difference.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about this one

Sorry no pic just des1) 2 of 3" diameter T-306 heat-resisting polished Chrome Intake Tube

2) Mounting hardware: Brand New Vacuum hose, coupler and clamps

3) A brand new K&N Washable and reusable high-flow performance cone air filter

4) Basic Installation Instructions

cription

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
here get this one i have the same one for the 5.7l they are well made and are the same as the fram boost but 1/3 the price:
Item number: 200042877211

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
and yes it will work for the 05' the throttle bodies are in the same place

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why replaced?

DannyMK2 said:
if your talking about the one with the 3 in pipe that connects to the resonator on top of the motor then your just wasting your money. i bought one and ended up replacing it with the one from 4caroption. much bigger difference.
Why did you replace it? Does the new one replace the resonator and connect direct the the TB?

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
There is one on ebay for I think 80 bux that is 4" pipping.Its similar to the Fram boost I think its Zmok or Zomk something like that.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
the item number is for the zmok and it attaches to the the throttle body

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
CRMRAM said:
There is one on ebay for I think 80 bux that is 4" pipping.Its similar to the Fram boost I think its Zmok or Zomk something like that.
woops my bad just tottaly repeated what rollinstnd420 said :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see you have the 5.7L will this work on the 4.7L and how hard is it to put on?I see in their description that no instuctions come with it.Whats up with that?

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
yes this will work on the 4.7 the throttle bodies are the same, idk these sellers dont have instructions but hey u are paying less than 100 bucks i mean i did it myself w/o instructions its not that hard to figure out

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
yes my new intake goes directly to my TB. i paid like $75 shipped to my door and this is just like zomk speed one except its not black tubing.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There are different ebay/aem/fram intake for the 4.7L and the 5.7L. I doubt they are interchangeable. I would make sure you bid/buy one that is for your motor.

Edit: I have one on my Ram and its a great deal. So good infact I found one for my Jeep wrangler and ordered it too.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
I know the 5.7 kits come with the TB spacer (not sure why) and the 4.7's do not

Jason

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
they are interchangeable cause i bought my kit for the 4.7l and it came with a tb spacer and i have the 5.7l. 1st pic is 4.7 and second is 5.7l/hemi

Attachments

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
these are 2 different intakes but u get the point the throttle body is in the same position

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
they are interchangeable cause i bought my kit for the 4.7l and it came with a tb spacer and i have the 5.7l. 1st pic is 4.7 and second is 5.7l/hemi
as you notice in the second pic, that chrome one from off ebay doesnt have good air flow, because of the big turn the air has to take.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
maka said:
as you notice in the second pic, that chrome one from off ebay doesnt have good air flow, because of the big turn the air has to take.
well than you should call up fram and airram cause they both have serious bends but Airrams is the best on the market so yea, plus i dont know of 1 intake that doesnt have the bends. The top one is made by fram it is the exact same thing as i showed you on ebay, the zomk intakes are knock off's of the fram boost!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.