DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, I bought new front disks, I have gotten the caliper off, but can't get the front disk off, is there something I missed? Is there a trick? I have a r/t but I don't think there is a difference.... but not sure....Can someone tell me how to get this thing off??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Should come right off. Came from the factory with clips around a couple of the studs to hold them on during assembly. Some shops reinstall these, if so they will need to be removed before the rotor will come off

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Sometimes they get rusted onto the studs. Use a block of wood and tap the back with a hammer, rotate the rotor and tap on the other side..........rotate

·
Wetherdad
120 Posts
rusted on I imagine...and many times it takes more than just tapping.....I have been known to use a 5lb sledge to beat off rusted on rotors......typically I will hit the round part of the rotor where it goes over the hub to break some of the rust then I will beat it off form the backside......just be careful not to hit your wheel studs or tie rod ends.....

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for all the input guys, I finally got it out, I had to use my harmonic balancer puller to get it off, but it done and thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.