DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Tampa and my wife is in NC and she said that the harness under the dash "caught on fire" she doesnt have a picture of it to send to me. Can someone please go out to their truck and take a few pictures of the harnesses and connector under the dash on the drivers side.

·
15,912 Posts
There are MANY harnesses under the dash on the driver's side. My question is, why do you need to know what harness caught fire. Can she take a picture with either a camera phone or a digital camera to send you? That might help us help you know which harness it is. Maybe a good description of the location can help as well. The year is definately needed. Almost sounds like there was a wire that was tapped into or a wire that frayed and direct shorted.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you look in the service manual on page 8W-91-44, she says it sort of looks like the power window circuit breaker. She described it as a red wire going into a green fuse looking thing with two metal prongs (i am assuming the prongs are the things that attach it to a bracket under the dash) .

·
15,912 Posts
Low1 said:
if you look in the service manual on page 8W-91-44, she says it sort of looks like the power window circuit breaker. She described it as a red wire going into a green fuse looking thing with two metal prongs (i am assuming the prongs are the things that attach it to a bracket under the dash) .
Are you looking at the 03 service manual?? I don;t see anything that say windows circuit breaker. Here is the page from the 03 manual.

EDIT disregard what I just said....I'm just blind

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's saying it isnt it. It is more on the steering column. Anyone have any pictures of the harness on the column itself?

Trying to troubleshoot this shit from 800miles away sucks with no pictures.

·
Registered
988 Posts
hey props to jeff everyone, hes a great member of dodge community, and brother to the ram guys. even thought this is a simple act, it helped a person in need and we should all take this as an example how to be towards people (even if they drive chevys!)

·
15,912 Posts
El_Greko87 said:
hey props to jeff everyone, hes a great member of dodge community, and brother to the ram guys. even thought this is a simple act, it helped a person in need and we should all take this as an example how to be towards people (even if they drive chevys!)
Thanks for the props :D

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i agree, if she were able to get a picture, this would be a non-issue, but the truck isnt at my house.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the truck is in a store parking lot and she got a ride home from a co-worker to take care of the kids.

·
15,912 Posts
Low1 said:
the truck is in a store parking lot and she got a ride home from a co-worker to take care of the kids.
Maybe then it should be flat-bedded somewhere to be checked out. Better safe than sorry. I would at least have someone go and disconnect the battery.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
There have been several reports of fires due to the wiring harness getting chaffed and shorting around the tilt mechanism. I assume she's a big user of the tilt wheel?

MikeyB

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no it stays in the same position...man i am clueless with out pics...

·
Registered
988 Posts
well i had a similar issue with my cig lighter, i plug it i and the damn thing started melting! thats getting fixed this week

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.