DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i just realized that i keep about a grand worth of stuff in my cab. now i need a special alarm (something that makes really cool beeps) any one have good experiences/prices/brands..... thanks for the help

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I would try to get something by DEI. This includes Excalibur, Clifford, Viper, and many others. Also I would recommend a two way pager, this way you get an alert if you are out of range to hear the siren. Also there are other options that are nice like a remote start and since I have a fiberglass bed cover, I added a sensor to it to set off the alarm if it is opened.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
I did the same thing when I realized there were about 4k in electronics in my cab.

I went with a 2-way Viper system, remote start, and added a sensor to the back window since its just a plastic clip that holds it shut.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i realized this after i got my dvd player stolen expensive lesson learned but i had a few sugestions from friends to make an alarm better , we talked about it on another forum and got to thinking how often do you pay att. when you hear an alarm going off so do things to draw more att. and dicourage the f----ers breaking in
1. strobes or lights of some sort in the cab
2. sirens in the cab
3. will work for me i will be putting train horns on my truck and hooking it up to them

·
Registered
908 Posts
i have a Ungo ProSecurity SR5000 with the glass break sensor, proximity sensor, hood sensor, back up battery with starter kill. i also have all of my handles shaved so the only way to get in is to break a window.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
I have a Audiovox alarm system with 6 tone siren, remote start, movement sensor thingy (if that piece moves when alarm set it goes off) and thanks to a suggestion by another DT member, i got a nice little 3in siren right under the driver dash... and lemme tell ya that biatch SCREAMS!!!! id like to see a mofo try and disable my alarm with that thing blearing in there ear... and of course its hidden!

I also have the 2way lcd screen and it show the car starting on remote start, if the door is accidently open when locked, if the alarm is going off, and about 30 other features, including i (I meaning a fellow DT member) hooked it up to my one-touch windows w/ one click for 1in vent and hold to vent all the way... and goes all the way up when locked/armed

-David

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so many options, looks like they will all do the job. although im not worrie dabout the back window sinces its the size of a 2 year old! but the glass break alarma and hood alarm are awesome. can i get a tailgate alarm too? because mine doesnt lock :/ and i have a soft top

·
Registered
908 Posts
yes, any of the door ajar sensors or hood sensors can be made to work with your tailgate. there is a wealth of knowledge on car security here: www.the12volt.com

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
viper 791xv!! its got pretty much all the bells and whistles, plus an LCD two-way keyfob, youll like it

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im not looking to spend more than i own! how much is all of this?>

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Ebay - $144 + $19 Shipping. Not a bad deal. Not sure about the installation at a local shop though. I would guess $100???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Viper 791XV or a CompuStar. I worked in a install shop for about 3 years and those alarms were the best. I have the 791XV, I purchased it off Ebay - Somewheres around $250.00 - I have Pins on my tailgate, bed tonnou cover, and hood - window roll down on all windows - remote start - all the bells and whistles - I would go with the Viper - Just my .02

·
Registered
93 Posts
alarm?

I had my truck broken into at a motel parking lot that had an armed guard patrolling the lot. My question is would an alarm stop the thief? Smash and grab, you have spent for an alarm and still have a loss. Better to hid and have low profile to protect your belongings.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Ohio Dodge Dave said:
I had my truck broken into at a motel parking lot that had an armed guard patrolling the lot. My question is would an alarm stop the thief? Smash and grab, you have spent for an alarm and still have a loss. Better to hid and have low profile to protect your belongings.
Will it stop a determined theif, probably not. But it may make one that is looking for an easy target look somewhere else. I agree with the low profile approach. My friends always poke fun because I turn down my music and shut my TV screen off when getting close to where I will be parking my truck.

Also, most alarms have a starter kill which IMO is the best feature. The radio and stuff can be replaced. My truck is one of a kind :D and I want to keep it for awhile.

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
i got my viper791xv shipped to me for 217 off the internet somewhere. the only downside is if a viper dealer doesnt install it (best buy, tweeter, etc) which will run you a good $600 you wont get the warranty.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
see i cant hide a sub box that is half my cab, my head unit, they know i have nice speakers - the only thing i can hide is my ipod, which im sure they'd find since my plug is right there too

anyone have experience with Code Alarm Elite series? i know some guy saying its liek 10000x better than viper/python/hornet nad whatnot

one more thing... anyof them come with an indaash radar detector?? ahha

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
MIDGEThemi said:
see i cant hide a sub box that is half my cab, my head unit, they know i have nice speakers - the only thing i can hide is my ipod, which im sure they'd find since my plug is right there too

anyone have experience with Code Alarm Elite series? i know some guy saying its liek 10000x better than viper/python/hornet nad whatnot

one more thing... anyof them come with an indaash radar detector?? ahha
I got my cobra radar hardwired to my volt and its in plain site. But I suggest that you have darker tint on the rear so they cannot see your subwoofer at all. I know mine cant be seen from the outside because they are directly behind each seat. As for the ipod, why not run it into your middle console for more protection. As for the headunit Im sure that would be the least of your worries compared to the other things.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my amp sticks out, its mounted to the front of my box. i cant run the ipod wire anywhere because it only extends to the cupholder and its coming from the headunit down in the little item holder thingy

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i got best buy sayin that they will do it for 250 with all the sensors. so i dunno, they are licensed viper dealer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.