DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may know my 'little' problem with my '01 Ram. It seems to be a nickel and dime death machine.

I took it in because of coolant loss. They tore down the engine and didn't find anything. I took it to a second dealer. They replaced the tank (they said it had a crack). The second dealer was also supposed to fix my hesitation problem. After four trips to them, nothing was fixed.

Now I'm back in VA. I still have coolant loss and the truck still hesitates.

Some people are telling me that its a lemon and to go the legal route. Well...lawyers cost money and time and I won't get anywhere. I can't sell it because it has known problems.

Do I have any way out of this POS???? Is this how customers are treated????????? If so, then this is the last Dodge I will ever own. :VHOT: I'll go back to Japanese next time. :VHOT:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Post #22
Hey my 97 1500 2wd auto and it has 315,792 mi. on it and it has been beaten down from all of my Fire Dept runs, even startup and go in -20 degree temps and I stuck a tranny in it at 155,000mi. I didnt even have it beefed up or anything... and I am still running on the same engine w/o a rebuild; just normal maintanence. You may have just bought a gremlin built truck.... You can just tack on the lawyers/court fees to the settlement. Or you can find a lawyer who just does lemon law. All the Dodge Dealers I've been to since '97 treat me and everyone I know great, thats in 3 diffrent states also.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Well...lemon laws only pertain to new vehicles I believe.

They tore down the engine to find a coolant leak??? Seems odd.

Whereabouts are you seeing the coolant leaking from?

·
Registered
69 Posts
isn't there some ultraviolet stuff you can put in, that will show where the leak is coming from? if it's not visible that is...

i'm assuming they've checked the oil to make sure the head gasket is good...

look in the back of your owner's manual for the lemon law requirements, i thought it was 3 of the same repairs in the first year or something..

bdr

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Everything has already gone past the 3 of the same repairs a year. Hear is the hesitation thread he started: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55929

I would go the lawyer route. But that cost even more money after you have already put so much into it for repairs, from the dealer screwing you and then if you lose the case there goes more money.
I would think that from having the truck in the shop for probably around 5 months they would have fixed it by now or gave you a new truck.
You could also try e-mailing Dodge about that dealer screwing you over so much that you are going to get a lawyer if they don't fix your truck and reimburse you for all the money that you have been charged for not getting it fixer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.