DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a good wax/protectant for my '04 Black D. I've read a lot about waxes and protectants and I think I have it narrowed down to 2 - Zaino and 5 Star Shine. I've read that the 5 Star Shine is actually the same thing the dealers sell as their Teflon protectant. Does anyone know anything about this and do you recommend it? I waxed it last summer and I used Maguier's (not sure if the spelling is correct). It was hard to get off, so I don't want to use that again. I've been using the Quick Detailer though, and I do like that, but I need something for better shine and protection.

Thanks for the advice!

·
It all in the wrist......
68 Posts
Teflon actually has no place in surface care products. Its 100 % gimmick!
I prefer Four Star or Blackfire, even Poorboys products to your mentioned products. Detailing products and selections is a very personal decision, every surface is different and requires seperate attention. What works for one, may not for another. I would however play with at least a few items over time, and see what is easy for you to use, and provides your desired results.

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
I'm with excel detail. Maybe try Klasse AIO prior to maybe 4 Star UPP. Since 4 Star UPP is a synthetic, it will last about 4-6 months depending on your surroundings. You defiantly need to wax more than once a year, as well as clay bar the surface. Adams Butter wax is more of a carnnuba base and will last about 3 months. All the above products are awesome, very easy on, and very easy off. Only take a light swipe and thats it. The results with these products are outstanding.

·
Registered
32,955 Posts
Check with our sponsor VegasLightz! He will tell you and won't push his products down your throat! Brad is a very cool guy to work with!

·
Registered
119 Posts
exceldetail said:
Jay, realistically? Im not bagging on our sponsor but 3 months is a little extreme for any carnauba, i would realistically expect 6 weeks......
Not necessarily true either, it all depends on the environment the wax is subjected to, garage kept, sun, rain, wind, snow, sleet, industrial fall out............. will all have an effect on how long protection will last. This is true of whatever product you use. You are correct, Teflon is a joke and should be kept on frying pans!

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
exceldetail said:
Jay, realistically? Im not bagging on our sponsor but 3 months is a little extreme for any carnauba, i would realistically expect 6 weeks......
I meant to put a 2-. It should have read 2-3 months. Of course depending if the car is covered, garage kept etc, etc... I always wax every other wash anyways on my truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.