DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On November 30th (hopefully) :) I will be picking up my 2008 Ram 3500 MC Laramie. This being my second ram I know how bad the headlights are so I would like to get some HID lights (headlights and fogs). I have read as much info on the subject here that I could and I am still confused. I really want to get a true bi-xenon set-up since I can't believe not having high beams (yes I have read a ton of posts that I won't need them, but I WANT them). I pmed ALIEN RAM and his response is that he does not have them. So now I am back to square one.

My question: Do they exist for 2008? Where? How much?

PS - really want to get one that is plug and play, no hasle, good quality, and no lamp problem. That is more important than price

Thanks, John

· Registered
19 Posts
I searched for a few months to try to find a plug and play bi-xenon for my 07, and could not find one for the h13 type bulb. (I'm assuming the 08s use the 9008/H13). I finally ordered a bi-xenon set off of ebay, that i had to wire in myself and found out it was not as hard as i thought. the major problem with the new dodges is that you have to wire in a relay (which if you have ever hooked up off road lights you can wire in) to give the ballasts constant power or else the bulbs just flicker for a few seconds and then trip the circuit breaker. To the best of my knowledge there isn't a plug and play bi-xenon system for the new dodges. If you have any questions about my setup feel free to ask. I hope this can help you out.

Tony

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tonys07hemi said:
To the best of my knowledge there isn't a plug and play bi-xenon system for the new dodges.
Tony
That is what I was afraid someone was going to say. I am not electrically inclined so not sure if I want to do an install like that. Guess I am back to the drawing board. :mad:

· Registered
854 Posts
05RamLaramie said:
On November 30th (hopefully) :) I will be picking up my 2008 Ram 3500 MC Laramie. This being my second ram I know how bad the headlights are so I would like to get some HID lights (headlights and fogs). I have read as much info on the subject here that I could and I am still confused. I really want to get a true bi-xenon set-up since I can't believe not having high beams (yes I have read a ton of posts that I won't need them, but I WANT them). I pmed ALIEN RAM and his response is that he does not have them. So now I am back to square one.

My question: Do they exist for 2008? Where? How much?

PS - really want to get one that is plug and play, no hasle, good quality, and no lamp problem. That is more important than price

Thanks, John

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/-Ask for Steve!!! Tell him you spoke to Mike from London...he has them. They are not on his website yet, he just got them today. I am ordering a set. Hi/Low beam true Xenon HID.

· Infinite Lives
6,428 Posts
I have a HIGH/LOW kit on my 06 and it works great.I still have my high beams to flash during the day.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pyrokid said:
http://www.kbcarstuff.com/-Ask for Steve!!! Tell him you spoke to Mike from London...he has them. They are not on his website yet, he just got them today. I am ordering a set. Hi/Low beam true Xenon HID.
Pyro,

Thanks

John

· Registered
280 Posts
05RamLaramie said:
That is what I was afraid someone was going to say. I am not electrically inclined so not sure if I want to do an install like that. Guess I am back to the drawing board. :mad:
I ordered a pre-made harness with relays to fix this problems...the harness was basically plug-n-play, then you just hooked the HID's into the harness...

i'll have to find the site where I ordered it form...

EDIT:

OK, got it:
http://www.puredieselpower.com/catalog/9008-h13-headlight-wiring-harness-upgrade-p-117.html

Basically, 1 male plug plugs into the factory headlight plug on your truck. Then you run the power wires to the battery, ground it, and plug the HID plugs into the 2 female connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.