DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have a 95 Ram 1500 with 3" coil spring spacers in the front and 2" blocks in the rear. I am running 16x8 AR Atlas Rims with 315/75R16 Wild Country rubber. I'm having a problem with rubbing just a little bit at full lock. I would like to lift the front 2 more inches, and also the rear 2 more inches. I am looking at Skyjacker Softride springs for the front, and add-a-leafs for the rear. Now here's my main question. I know that I will need to buy a drop pitman arm for the steering, but is there anything else that I will need to purchase or modify if I go up to a 5" front, 4" rear lift? Thanks in advance.

Eric

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Control arms, lower and upper, I would suggest getting a whole lift kit, as it will come with all the parts you need to lift the truck. If you have the stock shocks, you will need new ones aswell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like KTS said, buying a kit would be better. Along with the control arms and drop pitman arm, you will also need drop brackets for your swaybar, track bar, and brake lines. All of these are included in the kit along with the hardware needed to install them and longer bump stops. Don't forget to adjust the length of the drag link and get a front end alignment after you're done.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Where are they rubbing? If its on the frame or control arms, you can lift it 10 more inches and if you keep the same rim and tire combo, youll still rub.
If its hitting the bosy, the lift will take care of the issue.
As stated before, to go 5" you'll need to ket everything found in the 5" kit

·
Registered
240 Posts
They are rubbing on my mudflaps, and will probably rub on my plastic inner fender wells when I finally get some rain around here and take it off road. What about a body lift? I don't personally really like them, and I don't really want to have to change my exhaust and have my receiver hitch hang down lower, but I can make some body blocks down at work for nothing. I was thinking possibly just a 1 inch body lift to give it just a little more clearance. What else will I need besides the lift blocks if i do this? Thanks again.

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.