DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a good and reasonably priced body shop in South Denver to do a minor front bumper repair, and paint/install a set of headlight eyelids for my '06 Dodge Ram 1500. I've gone to Abra Auto Body so far, and they tried to quote me over a grand, saying they'd have to remove the bumper to fix it? She also didn't know what eyelids were, but managed to quote them? Any idea what a GOOD estimate might be? The damage to the bumper just barely goes into the plastic, and the eyelids (upper and lower) are this kind:

Here's the bumper:

·
Powered By Coors
98 Posts
I would go to Hanks South. They're located about a block North and East of Kipling and Bowles. They also have a shop in Wheatridge Next To Medved.

·
Powered By Coors
98 Posts
I've used them and my parents have used them a couple of times. My insurance company recommends them also. I had my 96 Ram painted there. Their work was very good, they were on track with their quote. I have also used Abra on South Broadway. They too do very nice work. It seems that anytime you take something to a body shop it costs $1000. I had similar damage to a rear bumper on a 02 Explorer and sure enough it was $1030, they repaired and repainted adnyou can't tell any damage was there... as far as the eye lids, buy them and install them yourself, I bet you could save a couple hundered easy... there's nothing to removing the headlights, go to the library and get a manual to see what needs to be done.. Good Luck :gr_patrio

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just need the eyelids painted white to match my truck. They're already prepped for paint, no need to remove the headlights. I just figured if they're already painting the bumper white, the eyelids would be an easy task.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.