DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a good rain and snow tire for mine ram. I have the P275/60R20 and I would like to stay around there. Do anybody know of a good tire to go with. Thanks for you comment.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hankook Dynapro MTs, clean nicely and have a decent highway pattern, and aren't wallet killers.
I just bought Toyo MTs, it should only take about a week for me to know if it was the right tread[we get snow, hard and fast] and with mountain driving it won't take long at all.
Mickey Tompsons MTZ have good life, highway, and will clean in the wet stuff.
If you run stock tire sizes in a 17 look into Icelander's MT by green diamond, if you can get them. They sell out fast every season as they are animals. It's like driving on 60 grit sandpaper.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Mine
Bridgestone
Dueler A/T REVO with UNI-T AQII Technology

Love Em...

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sound good I like all of the tires so far guys.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
AkTallPaul said:
Mine
Bridgestone

Love Em...
I've been researching those. They have great reviews.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'll be getting the NITTO Terra Grappler. Thanks for the link ggravant. I found the nitto's $20 cheaper here than at discount tire.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Michelin LTX M/S. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Excellent on ice/snow and wet pavement. Long mileage. Excellent highway ride. I've had four sets of them.

Tom :cool:

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
AkTallPaul said:
Mine
Bridgestone

Love Em...
do they make the dueler's for 20" wheels?

That new cooper zeon ltz looks to be a nice tire.

·
Yup, its got a HEMI...
933 Posts
since you have 20" rims, tire choises are minimal in a decent price range.

I decided to go with the Cooper Zeon LTZ from Discount tire.com ($740 to my door) and after driving on the stock GY hp's (rear are barley leagal) in 10" of snow yesterday with no problem i'll prolly only need 2wd with the Coopers.

I'll have them mounted tonight so I'll let you know when we get another snow storm

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the Goodyear AT SilentArmors and love them. I'm a city plow driver so I'm out before the plows and they haven't failed me yet. Super quite on the highway. I couldn't find the REVO's in 20" sizes when I was shopping for tires.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been google each tire that everybody said was good and I really thank everybody for there input. I have 2wd here in the Seattle area and which we don't get too much snow just once an a while but mainly the rain we get here in the Northwest area. These stock tires sucks big time here in the rainy weather they have hardly no grip on wet road.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
mojoman said:
I have been google each tire that everybody said was good and I really thank everybody for there input. I have 2wd here in the Seattle area and which we don't get too much snow just once an a while but mainly the rain we get here in the Northwest area. These stock tires sucks big time here in the rainy weather they have hardly no grip on wet road.
:thatfunny I don't think anybody will argue with you about that.

·
Registered
479 Posts
ok...guess I can't deleet a double post. :huh:

·
Registered
479 Posts
quietpeen said:
do they make the dueler's for 20" wheels?
Don't know....I only have dial up so maybe you can do a search faster than I.

mojoman said:
These stock tires sucks big time here in the rainy weather they have hardly no grip on wet road.
No Doubt....I got stuck in 6 inches of snow on frozen ground, an my brother had to pull me out with his Dakota.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
AkTallPaul said:
Don't know....I only have dial up so maybe you can do a search faster than I.
Just looked. No they don't, the biggest rim size they have is 18's for the revo's

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
I'm waiting for Bridgestone to get off their a$$e$ and get us an AT Revo in a 20" rime size to fit my truck. These tires are so impressive I would actually consider stepping down to a smaller size rim to get a set for my truck.

When I put them on my Ferd I went the following winter without putting my truck in 4x4. That included about 10" of snow on my 200ft long gravel driveway up in NY. They also pulled me out of a ditch filled with snow in VT when I lost control when my serpentine tensioner broke and I lost power steering going into a curve.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.